Try It Out!
If you want to give Singularity a try, you can install docker and docker-compose to run our example cluster.
Note: The Docker development setup is currently not compatible with Docker for Mac due to its usage of
HOST network mode. You can instead run Singularity via
docker-machine using the following commands:
Create a new docker machine:
docker-machine create --driver=virtualbox singularity
Set the docker env to the new machine:
eval $(docker-machine env singularity)
Get the IP for the machine. Use this instead of
localhost for the UI addresses:
docker-machine ip singularity
docker-compose pull first to get all of the needed images. Note: This may take a few minutes
Then simply run
docker-compose up and it will start containers for...
- mesos master
- mesos agent (docker/mesos containerizers enabled)
- Baragon Service for load balancer management
- Baragon Agent + Nginx as a load balancer
...and the following UIs will be available:
- Singularity UI => http://localhost:7099/singularity
- Baragon UI => http://localhost:8080/baragon/v2/ui
if using boot2docker or another vm, replace localhost with the ip of your vm